Friday 10 April 2009

Contemplation and Persil



Today I woke thinking it was Saturday, and then realised it was of course Friday !
From those waking moments it seemed the whole day has continued to carry this state of confusion, and we've both felt a little out of sorts today.
I can't quite put my finger on it, but there is somewhat a definite feeling of anger and frustration for us both today.
I can't quite explain it, but you long to make plans, and enjoy holidays etc, but feel and know there needs to be a conclusion (of the happy sort of course) to this scenario before we can mentally move on.
God I miss normality SO much !
We both were out with the Spins this morning in the nanoseconds worth of sunshine that descended on us.
It was lovely.... no wet, no mud, no rain, and 3 happy Spinoni running about like huge lolopping (Easter) bunnies. Quite relevant really what with it being Good Friday I suppose !
Only problem was that as we both sat on the 'log of contemplation' by the side of the fields (I would say don't ask ! - but it's our tree stump, just a lovely place where you can just sit, and be, ...silent and full of nothing but your own thoughts) we were watching these Easter bunny imposter's chase after blackbirds (when will they ever learn!) knowing 3 should be 4.
We missed our boy being there, part of our family. I can honestly say I shed a tear, probably more out of sheer anger and frustration, but also because emotions were running high, and looking out at the Spins, well it was so evident that Jacob was not with us enjoying this moment. He loves his walks, he should be here where he belongs.
It really dawned on us he was most definitely not here. BUT....Where the hell is is ?
This is just bloody ridiculous, no dog has yet (to my knowledge) been abducted by aliens, nor has any dog fallen off the face of the earth (NASA may prove me wrong) so if he's not currently getting studied by the Mars pooch detectors with Sky (Coats) then where the hell is he, who has him and why don't they come forward and end this misery and worry ?
Stupid thing is it could all be over so easily, we don't care about the circumstances that have gone before, just bring him home, hand him over to someone, call us....
Sometimes when the whole missing thing is in full swing and we're out searching or emailing hundreds of people, or talking to many of the people who take time to call and give advice or a shoulder to lean on, we kind of forget in a strange way.
We allow ourselves to feel a luxurious titbit of normality, and we're acting like normal people do, visiting friends, taking leisurely walks and going shopping on a Saturday.
BUT we find it hard, it feels very wrong, and as much as we crave that normality again, it just feels strangely illicit. I hate that feeling.
We feel we can't move forward yet, we can't cancel his insurance, we can't move his bowl away from view, nor tidy away his favourite toys that still sit on his bed, hell we can't even launder his favourite blankie (and believe me it is very Gingery and SO desperately needs some Persil !)
.... how sad is that !
I can honestly say we are far, far off from doing any of those things.
I'm really glad that we are too. It would be a sad day the day we say enough is enough.
I doubt we ever will to be honest no matter how times moves on around us.
Someone, if they have him, should know that us Haggerwoods don't give up without a fight, and he can't hide away forever.
We feel we can bring Jacob home, it may well take some time, some effort and clever thinking, most likely a few more tears along the way, but we can do it.
We have the 'Ginger Army' ready and waiting to be deployed on their latest mission at the mere drop of a ginger whisker.
We'll find you Jacob, just hang in there boy.
An update on another ginger boy and that's the Lurcher x Saluki we found and rescued last Sunday.
We took him to a rescue as you will remember, and I phoned through the week to check on his progress.
Poor boy, he's obviously had a really hard time of it lately from his previous (I hate to call them this) owners.
After a series of x-rays, it does show old 'breaks' and that he does have problems relating to these injuries both new and old, and as such has had to have a splint.
He's had a good clean up with some 'derm' washes, and lots of lavished care and attention by the rescue fabulous staff.
By Monday he will legally be 'owned' by the centre, and I for one will breathe a huge sigh of relief as on that 8th day it will signify a new start for him - hopefully in a loving forever home.
He so deserves that, his body tells us that he's been through an awful time and he couldn't take much more I am sure.
I'll let you know what else we find out about his progress later next week.
HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND everyone......
Don't eat too much Chocolate......
......"remember a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips"
More Galaxy anyone !!? ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Oh Shelley, Iam really feeling your pain. If there is anything I can do in my area (Barnet) not far from WGC, please let me know. Can you perhaps email me a poster or tell me where I can get one from. I will put some up where I live. I keep my eyes peeled wherever I go for you. Please keep positive, lots of love Jo and Jack x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you all, and still not giving up hope about the man supposedly sighted with a matching dog. If he was bereft about the loss of his previous dog, he may have transferred those feelings onto this new dog and feel he cannot give him up. He may be very lonely. Fingers crossed the lead you need is just around the corner. Maybe the Easter Bunny will bring it to you. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What luck for your Lurcher boy that you were in the right place at the right time and that he should soon be living a loving home life. I hope that soon the good luck will fall Jacob's way, and you will all be re-united.
    Hugs to you both,
    Love Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Put poster up in Halstead area and on Mersea Island country park. Kept our eyes peeled whilst driving around in the motorhome and was praying our return to Kent would see some good news on the blog - I'm so sorry. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete