Wednesday 8 April 2009

Thankful for small 'Twitterings'


Today has started well, whilst eating toast and watching GMTV's article about Twitter, the lovely Jenni Falconer mentioned Jacob and stated that his search had reached it and had had many "Tweets" - Fantastic ! (our Twitter is adoredpaws)
I have to say a huge Thanks Beverley Cuddy (Editor of Dogs Today magazine) for her absolute sterling efforts in bringing his search to life on Twitter for us. We even had Twitterings from Richard Hammond (Jon was chuffed as he loves Top Gear!) yesterday.
We so hope to reach the dizzying heights of Twitterdom, and get mentioned (Re-Twittered) by the greats that reside there, the big cheeses such as Wossy and Stephen Fry would be fantastic. Raising the missing profile for Jacob is so very much needed right now as we have fallen into that dull silence that makes it difficult to know what to do next.
Like I said yesterday, we point blank refuse to let him fade quietly into the distance. I know you will all agree that if he were your own dog, a member of your own family, that you yourselves put into our position would do the very same.
It's funny the campaign kind of takes over your emotions sometimes (a good thing) and when you get these dull silences you kind of react to the situation more intensely, you sit and take a step back and realise what it is that you are campaigning for. You miss the dog, you miss their little ways, and more than anything you just miss them being yours and being around you and part of your life.
Someone asked me do I feel anger towards that person who might have Jacob tucked up somewhere, albeit they might not be aware he is missing ?

Well, to be honest it's a catch 22 situation that.
I would be glad that he's alive and being looked after, but on the flip side, that person would obviously know there's a chance he belongs to someone somewhere, noone is that dumb or ignorant surely.
He would have been acquired through abnormal means too (i.e not through the average rescue channels) so whoever had him would know there must be a history behind him, and most probably a distraught owner desperate for him to come home.

Yes, I know, for many this all seems somewhat over zealous and extreme with regard to the lengths we will go to to be reunited with our Ginger Whinger, but until you've had the unconditional love of an animal, and grown to love them as one of your own, then quite simply you can't quite explain to someone who hasn't, that utter sense of loss you feel when they aren't here any more.
Some folks have a dog, and it remains 'a dog', others like us, well that dog becomes a family member, like a child would be to a parent, we worry about it in the same way as a Mother would about her child. Surely noone would just turn a blind eye to a child missing, and as I have said before, and as controversial as that is for some, I won't apologise for the comparison, childless as we are, we miss Jacob as he is our child, and would stop at nothing to bring him home

I used to apologise to people when they queried us and our motives, and the sheer extremities we've gone to looking for Jacob, now I most definitely don't. Why should I.
There's no embarrassment to me that we love that dog, and that we want him home, it's up to them to judge us for that, however they want to - mad, insane or otherwise barking we'll campaign with the 'Ginger Army' in tow until we see those stunning amber eyes staring back at us, and those gingery paws snuggled up under his duvet again !

4 comments:

  1. I agree with you. My dogs are like my kids now my own children have long grown up. They are so very precious to me.

    Years ago, I had a GSD go missing for a week+ and I nearly went out of my mind. I was very lucky and did get her back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't ever apologise to anyone for doing all you can for Jacob. Don't you remember Shelley you and I had similar mutterings when fighting for Ollie and Alfie - and do you ever regret anything you did for olliebobs? No. Keep strong and optimistic. There is nothing to say it is worth doing otherwise.
    Oh and as of 09.07 this morning I became a massive Jenni Faulkner fan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely he MUST be with someone. He looks such a friendly lad I can't help feeling he's NOT just 'out there' alone anymore. Every sentance of your blog oozes with the great affection you have for Jacob. It's just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of dog is he? He is just absolutely gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete