Tuesday 28 April 2009

Wrinkles and BBQ weekends

I'm pretty sure that having turned forty now, there are a few more wrinkles appearing now and I would swear they arrived Sunday morning, my first official day of being 'over 40'.....
Coincidence, hmmm, maybe, Estee Lauder has promises that need fulfilling me thinks ;-)
I can honestly say that perhaps these wrinkles are born from stresses related to this search, but to be truthful I would have the face of the 'Bride of Wildenstein', (no 'what do I mean would' comments please !) if it were to bring our boy home safely (okay, well perhaps not that bad, could I bargain for a 'Jackie Stallone' maybe ??!!!)

So the weekend came, the weekend went, without a call or whisper about our boy or his whereabouts.
We ventured off to Welwyn (i'm so fed up with that place already) for another days driving and walking round like 2 lost souls.
Everyone it seemed thought that the sudden whiff of summer arriving meant they needed to be stay at homes, and not venture further than their garden, obviously enjoying bbq's and lazy sleeps, even the usual ice cream man we relied upon for our '99's was not about.
It was eerily quiet about that place, and of course hardly a dog in sight meant no Jacob lookalikey's were being walked anywhere.

We managed to find yet more places to walk, odd places down the back of tracks and fishing places we would never know were there for stumbling into dead end tracks when trying to find our way.
Early evening we eventually gave up, and went to our friends for much needed wine and a roast dinner.
Sitting outside their garden backing onto acres of farmland, all quiet and the sun on our backs, we now knew why everyone else had also been doing the same all afternoon !

It's a case now I think that we sit back and wait with the whole Welwyn situation.
We need more people to ring and verify they have seen this dog, be it be or not be our boy, we just wish others would call to tempt us back there with renewed vigour.

I think we have spent enough time over that way to feel confident in the people who are there every day, walking, working, driving about, there are lots of good people making that area pretty covered for us.

Back home at Ginger HQ the girls are back at their computers emailing every person and organisation we can think of, in all different places.
The hunt goes on, the word needs spreading round again, we need to keep Jacob fresh in people's minds, and try our best to rack up some publicity.
We have people at shows and country fairs across the country this weekend, all of whom will be flying the Jacob flag on our behalf. Thank You guys and girls for helping us keep the Ginger Whinger flag flying well and truly higher..

We have a few irons in the fire still, they've been burning a while as you know, but they are getting hotter and hopefully might come to fruition next week.
I won't specify now, but will fill you in on the finer details once we know anything from the plan that's ahead.


I am off now to email every conceivable dog food manufacturer and online pet supplier that I can rustle up. I want them to send our email to their customer list if possible.....
You know me, give me a bone and i'll dig a trench for it !

5 comments:

  1. Thirties were fun but my forties have been even better. Enjoy them! Still praying and hoping for your Jacob to come home where he belongs. Take care, Karen and Bentley in Houston-town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so touched by your resilience and determination to try to be cheerful and look forward. I find myself looking out for Jacob everywhere I go and I live in Kent, just hoping with all the hope I can muster that your boy comes home very soon. Sam in Beckenham
    p.s. Am enjoying my forties so far much better than thirties, it's not been downhill, it's been quite chilled out so far..

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are off to the Essex coast this weekend in our motorhome and will keep eyes peeled again. I just feel so sad for you. x Wendy, Paul & The Standard Poodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be strong and we will find him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Couldn't wait to get back and check the website - SO VERY SAD THAT THERE IS NO NEWS. Great article in Dogs Today Magazine - hope that opens a few more doors. xxx

    ReplyDelete