Wednesday 17 June 2009

Fraudsters and Jealousy

Another weeks races by, another week of silence.

Just where is our dog, it's not a hard question is it.

How is that other dogs go missing and you see them desperately being added to Doglost, and then hours or a day later there they are on the reunited page of the same website.

I had this same scenario only today. Yesterday a dog, an Airedale was lost in Saffron Walden, it was added to http://www.doglost.co.uk/ and we added posts offering our help if needed, being the veteran dog searchers that we are. (What a claim to fame that is)

Only today when I checked on this dog did I panic not having seen it listed in the lost section, fears growing I searched through the reunited to be met happily with a post that the Saffron Walden dog was back home where she belonged. Phew !

Now that, a happy ending I know you will agree is fantastic news, but deep down through my happiness I felt utter pangs of sheer jealousy that that was not what happened with us. Why did our dog go missing and since that day never been spotted. Beggars belief really that in this somewhat small rural community a dog as blatantly obvious as Jacob can disappear.

To where though ? where did he go ? what happened to him, who had him, did someone knock him over and sling him into a ditch ? There are some that would do that if they could get away with it. Not everyone wants to confront owners with their dead dog do they ?

Could he have been hassling farmers game, even seen harassing those deer he was on the tail of ? I just don't know if he got shot for doing just that, that we would ever get to know, and this whole nightmare of not knowing will surround us forever, always making us jump when the phone rings showing a number we don't know or recognise.

We are at that stage where we want to know, and if someone did know something, then I just wish they would put us out of our misery, as misery is just what it is.

As you sit reading this safe in the knowledge that your furkids are with you, I am utterly jealous of that fact. I don't mind admitting it - it's not fair !

The whole "Welwyn-Kath" scenario is coming to a head finally.

Having liaised with Hatfield Police, who are keen for us to divulge anything we can remember or offer in way of texts/messages etc, this woman, actually named Joann Wood, amongst other aliases, is being sentenced soon on the 6 counts of fraud as well as 2 other cases of possession of type A drugs. She is nothing short of an evil-minded woman out to target those terminally ill, or the elderly who are befriended in the hope that they can be sentimental enough to buy her own story that she is dying of bowel cancer.

How anyone can lie about having cancer is beyond me. A disease that everyone has been touched by, be that having seen someone they love die or battle the disease it's shocking someone like her can betray these vulnerable people. I hope that she will be sentenced to a long stretch taking into account her prey.

You can read all about here http://www.stalbansreview.co.uk/news/4433778.Woman_conned_cancer_victims_for_cash/

All very upsetting to be honest. Although we never trusted this lady, her intentions with regard to Jacob seemed genuine. Jon having directly asked her if she was making all the contact with the so called men at the lakes "Phil" and "Alan" up were met with "absolutely not, I would never do that to you" in reply.

Just goes to show, who do you trust, looks can be very deceiving.

One thing I will say though, is that first night when she called, something, call it intuition told me something was not right, but over time, in the hope of being reunited with Jacob that doubt, although still beckoning me to listen, was still there, hence we saved all voice messages and texts from her.

We are never going to be certain if she had her hands on Jacob at any time, after all she was motivated by one thing, and one thing alone, money. That would insinuate that the £1000 reward may have been the lure for her. She could have had him, knew of him, and hid him for the reward money, accomplices to do the hiding wouldn't be far from her mobile phone contacts of that i'm sure.

I guess now we will never know what the truth was. I'm assured by those in the know that little truth comes from her lips, so we have to reason what has become apparent is that she knows very little difference between reality and fiction. She evidently managed to forget her 'own self' sometimes as she decided to be a vet, policewoman and was also in the armed forces and a nurse amongst other well thought of professions. I think she truly lost the difference between who she really was each day she woke up.

I'm sorry for those elderly and ill victims of hers, for them the loss is great and is materialistic in that they lost pounds and pence, whereas our loss is purely just hope, even though it feels much greater than that.

Right now the plan is to ride on the back of the polices press releases, and hope that the nationals as well as local papers will pick up on our link to her story.

Will keep you posted of course of any developments.

Please keep spreading the word for our boy wherever you feel you can.

It's you guys that may just stumble across someone who knows something.



9 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you. I've followed your story and pray that he'll be found so you can stop wondering. Sending you well wishes from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As ever we are thinking of you and feeling so very sad.I look at my dogs and my heart races when I think of how terrifying it must be in your position. With all our love Wendy, Paul & The Waymaker Std poodles in Kent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry there is still no news :-(

    I have posted the link on my facebook page again - I did ask before, but not sure if you saw, have you thought about setting up a group/page on facebook to help publicise Jacob? It would be another way to get the word out there and you could add links to the blog/doglost etc.

    Minnie-Moo's mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. don't worry, he will come back just keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at where the deer are. What is the deer containment area? Jacob seems a very friendly dog and I just can't help feeling once the initial chase was over he would seek out human company. We had a friend who once lost a Cairn Terrier - searched for weeks and weeks. Hearbreakingly she was found eventually sadly dead caught in some wire very very close to home. My point here is not to upset you just to really say I realise what torment you are in and it might help to start right back at the beginning with the deer paths. He is a big dog and not likely to get caught up like the small hairy Cairn so please don't think I am suggesting that. I just feel he is close to home somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi!

    I saw this and thought of you guys!

    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090624/tuk-dog-returned-to-family-after-travell-dba1618.html

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi - I thought this may give you some hope x

    http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090624/tuk-dog-returned-to-family-after-travell-dba1618.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Saw your poster in local vets - people are still looking for him, please don't give up all hope.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just heard about this via Orwell Dog on Twitter so have posted link to my facebook page & sent to all my doggy friends. Thoughts with you, it must be so horrid for you not knowing where he is, can't imagine what it would be like to be apart from my mum & dad... Teagan x x

    ReplyDelete