Tuesday 24 March 2009

All good things, come to those that wait.....apparently

Ahhh such a tired boy in this photo
When he's that tired, we always joke that he's got the 'hoody's on', as his eyes just drop like stones and he curls up like a cat, and looks so lovely - !


Again, can I start my blog by Thanking everyone for their support, for both logistical and physical help these past few days, you all astound us as to your willingness to help. THANK YOU !
Well, the past few days have passed us by in a whirlwind of rushing about and travelling to and from the place where he was seen with this man last week.
We've spent countless hours wandering about this place in the sheer hope that one of us would come across this fella and be able to see what dog he had acquired.
So far though, no luck, despite 5 of us being out at all times of the day and night.
It's utterly frustrating, but we know we have to be patient, and as they say all good things come to those who wait.
Well, blimey, I think we've waited long enough Thank You very much.
Reward time for good behaviour if you please.
The curiosity of wanting to know if this dog is Jacob is making us ill, we are both feeling crappy these past few days.
I think that unbeknown to you at the time, the stress levels rising and the anxious feelings you have, and I suspect coupled with lack of sleep, eventually, well it's going to catch up and take it's toll. Right now I feel I could curl up and just sleep and cry !
As much as we try to stay strong, just sometimes I feel like I want to have the most awful outburst, and shout and scream outloud "WHY US" ! Hell maybe one day I will !
I know for a fact that we have put far too much emphasis on hoping this can be Jakey, and for everyone involved it's hard too, including the lady who told us about him in the 1st place - it must be worrying for her as she knows how desperate we are for it to be Jacob - of course we are excited, but also we are not naive enough to think that it could also not be him, and for that noone would be to blame.
This lovely lady who helped us, and was kind enough to come forward in the very 1st place (whereby some would have just turned a blind eye) is seriously unwell too, and bless her heart she's been out and about, hour upon hour trying to locate this fella and dog.
So, I really should stop feeling so sorry for myself, buck up my ideas and carry on.
Another good vibe we have in the pipeline is that we might be able to get some tv coverage, which in itself would be fantastic to highlight both Jacob's being missing but also Sky, Ffion and Tim's lovely Lab.
It's an angle we hope to 'sell' to the media, and we just hope that if we can locate both of our boys, none of that will be needed.
Poor Ffion and Tim were welcomed back into the arms of the UK after 2 relaxing weeks in Japan and New Zealand, by their phones ringing off the hook with sightings of black labs, mostly ones which unfortunately were not Sky.
I really feel for them, they are tired, jetlagged, and having to carry out their stressful jobs 12 hrs after stepping foot back onto UK soil.
I hope something good comes from all the calls you two.
You can see their blog to locate their missing Lab here http://skyisstillmissing.blogspot.com/
Thinking aloud about our current search, I think that maybe this 'search for man and dog' scenario will take a week, maybe two before it's concluded with one of us seeing the fella and said dog, and I pray more than anything that it's concludes with us taking home another gingery passenger.
Between us all we'll continue the search, we'll not give up for a moment.
Come home soon Jakey boy, to your fresh duvets, drinks from taps, and lots of love and cuddles from your family.

5 comments:

  1. So hope you get to see this dog soon and it is Jacob....maybe the guy has gone away for a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried all local street wardens and traffic wardens

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do so hope that this is your Jacob! Have you gone to any local vets in that area? This man, if he has had dogs before, surely would have registered his new dog? If not,he may suspect he has a stolen dog?
    Wishing you luck that you find him soon! before you make yourselves too ill.
    love julia & Bella

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://foundandlostpets.blogspot.com/ I also have a blog with animals - email me on primroses007@yahoo.co.uk. Happy to add him
    . I lost 2 pets. Found one. Still searching for the other. I always ask people to forward the link as you never know ...Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really sorry that you find Jacob. i am trying to find Jacob in your SUPPORT and mine.

    ReplyDelete