Friday 13 March 2009

If there's nothing else there's HOPE

First off I have to Thank everyone for their kind wishes and hopes for the phone call drama.
We have had no luck so far tracing this ladies mobile, but have 'people in high places' who are doing their best to find out and offer us a location at the very least.

There are so many people willing to raise the profile for us, we've had such kindness these past few weeks what with companies displaying Jacob's poster at Crufts, and now companies sending his appeal to their customers.
One lady Sam emailed yesterday and said she would send to 2000 people, another Dave, to 900 people, it's just amazing how people rally to offer us help.
The dog loving public are a nation like no other.

Tim, you made me think after reading you comment, you are right and I hadn't began to perhps peice it all together like you had, and it may well be there's another angle to that call after all.

To be honest, I have all sorts of possible scenario's playing out in my head, have done for the past few days, and isn't it always the middle of the night when they are at there most vivid !
I have this vision of a gang of people, they are keeping Jacob, and this one woman had seen the beautiful, gentle side to Jacob as he lay shaking and frightened in a corner somewhere.
Consequently she decided to throw us an olive branch in finding him, but got caught out.

I know, I know, all very dramatic, and somewhat far fetched, but there's just something about that call that niggles us, something that makes us need to know it was a hoax.
Apparently people who get great joy out of hoaxing for whatever the reason don't give out readily their mobile number. It kind of dampens the flames they like to ignite.
Kills their joy at knowing that the person at the other end of the phone can't reach them, they become the all important unreachable. They know the worry, hurt and desperation playing out, and live on enjoying that vision in their minds.
Quite frankly they are bloody sick, no other word for them, they need serious help.

Apart from that, we've had a call back from the lady from Broxted, having asked her Son to view the blog and the website http://www.adoredpaws.com/ to see more photo's of Jacob, he thinks it isn't him. Damn it ! Just as we had high hopes again after such a long pause, it's dampened.
Never mind, as this lady rightly pointed out, it doesn't mean it's not definitely him, they just don't think so.
Stranger things have happened, and after all, it was dark.
We will have to wait and see if the dog they saw re-appears and they are allowed a good look at him. I guess only then can we categorically say it wasn't Jacob and move on.

Someone asked me the other day if I thought Jacob was dead, having sadly perished earlier on in the bad weather.
I wasn't shocked to be asked this as some people do ask, and as much as it makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end, i'm glad of their honesty if that's what they are thinking.
All I can say is that I really don't know. Jon and I aren't naive enough to think that this isn't a possibility, of course we'd be stupid to think that would not/could not have been why he hasn't been seen for 6-7 weeks.
There is a possibility this is what occurred, but how will we know until someone finds his body (if it's identifiable) I just don't know.
I guess knowing Jacob, he is a fighter, he is a savvy, cheeky chap with an incredible intelligence other breeds can only dream of.
He isn't frightened of people, or dogs, and if that weather had been coming in, I would like to feel that rather than him suddenly having gone feral in a matter of days, and been skulking about like a fox darting from being spotted, he would have been doing what 'Jacob's' do and making himself known.
It's why Jon and I wonder if he was picked up very early on.It kind of makes sense really.
The snow came about 10 days after he went missing, so there was plenty of time for him to be suddenly found to be in the wrong hands.
I always said in the snow that he would be spotted if he was out there to be seen surely, but nothing materialised, it's not to say he wasn't 'holed up' knowing it really was the safest thing to do, but believe me, we spent more than a few nights cooped up in Chez Explorer, and every day and night for 3 weeks, driving and walking around when most folks were cosied up by a roaring fire.
I am sure the repetition would have given us a glimpse ?
Who knows !
Right time, wrong place - all plays a part in this nightmare I am sure.

Saying that we then of course question how someone would suddenly find him, pick him up, and it be the wrong person.....I mean what's the chances of that happening.
Well according to Doglosts stories, and others i've had emailed, pretty high actually.

The thing about this whole Jacob missing scenario is we just don't know where he is, if he is alive still, if he's out in the fields somewhere local, or far away from home.
Is he sitting enjoying cake on someones sofa being loved and cared for (and not wanted to be given back) or is he in some remote rescue centre somewhere, chip not working and ready for rehome (oh blimey, please no)

I just don't know. I wish I did, I really do.
The only one thing I do know for sure and that's one thing is keeping us going right now and that's a four letter word ........HOPE.

6 comments:

  1. shelley ive added his info and photo to my blog in the hope that it can help.sam
    http://farlapbloodhounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will add him to our blog too.
    http://karensbrae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it unlikely he is in a rescue centre with all the publicity he has had. I believe most rescues take a look around to see if owners are looking. Just praying you will get a positive sighing that is indisputable very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI am not sure if i read corectly on another site but thought i saw that police were not willing to trace the identity of the lady caller (possible hoax). If so my hubby often uses private firms to do this as part of his job (runs criminal law firm in london). If you would like details please email me mariatmichael@gmail.com or you may find some on google.
    Everytime i see his face (and it is everywhere i go which means the posters are circulating well) i feel sick in my stomach as the heart ache you must be going through is unimaginable.
    If i we can be of any help please just say.The dog and i are in Hatfield Forest every week day morning with a group of freinds and we are always on the look out. If he was in Broxsted that is not far at all.

    Our prayers are with you. Maria & family x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to read there is no further news yet... Keep your spirits up and don't give up HOPE.

    I had a dog stollen years. A GSD... she was driven to another area... then let out of the car for some unknown reason. Luckily she was picked up by a lovely couple who went out of their way to try and find her owners. It was in the days before microchipping.

    Eventually they took her to Battersea where my sons visited every day till one day - about a month after she'd gone missing - there she was.

    Happy ending... But I had given up all hope of ever seeing her again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very, very sorry to hear about Jacob, we have in the past had good response for help from the Preloved readers.

    A post may be worth trying at
    www.preloved.co.uk or just type preloved into you google/browser.

    Thinking of you in our prayers and looking out walking the hounds.

    Good Luck and The Kindest Of Regards

    Trevor Smith
    Trustee
    The Rhodesian Ridgeback Welfare Trust

    ReplyDelete