Monday 16 February 2009

Silence is NOT so golden

Jacob's most favourite sleeping position !
Happy, content and most of all... 'home'.
-------------------------------------------------------------



I don't know why, but I knew that we wouldn't get a call today -
I guess you can call it intuition, but I just knew it would be a quiet day.

Jon went back to work for the 1st time properly today, daring to venture out of the 5 mile curfew for the first time in 3 weeks.
I could see in his face he really didn't want to go, but you can only put off not working because of the snow for so long....well, especially when there isn't any that is !

Between the 'J' girls, we decided that a new plan was the order of the day, and between the 5 of us we're emailing far and wide now. Covering a further distance each between us so that we can be sure that towns some 20 miles away get the same coverage as the local area.
Jacob could be moving further out, so we need to leave no area isolated.
Between us we'll cover everyone from dog walkers to DHL in the hope that we can let people know he may be out there whilst they go about their daily business.
Someone must know something, surely ?

It occured to me today that there are definitely people not in the know about Jacob being lost, where we think the publicity is doing wonders, and I know that's true, I just feel some people need a constant reminder, so we need to ensure the profile of Jacob is kept high.
First things first, i'm trying to get the papers to re-run an update, and will let you know if i'm successful.

Most of all, Thank You for all the thoughts and kind words everyone still has for his safe return.
We have had people sending cards just addressed 'The Haggerwoods', Saffron Walden, Essex, (with a note to the postman to 'get it to us please') and one just addressed to to Tiva, Solly, and Clouseau -
Needless to say they all arrived safely with us and really went that extra mile to lift our spirits.
Sometimes they arrived just when we most needed them, like they were meant to arrive just when you needed a huge pick me up.

I just hope that the same powers to be are looking after our boy, keeping him safe and from any harm, wherever he is right now.

Send him home to us now please......enough is enough.



2 comments:

  1. But your courage breaks that silence.....Courage DOES Roar......(Yes, I am oh so far away, and here as you move into day we move into night being in Australia, but EVERY morning as I prepare for work I hear that little voice of you and Jon at the end of your day saying "I will try again tomorrow..." Keep safe Jacob, but most of all COME HOME.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking and praying for you everyday. I wish there was something I could do. Im just spreading the word for you. I live in North London/Herts border. Someone knows something. Just keep going, (which I know you will) you have so many people supporting you. Lots of love Jo

    ReplyDelete